So I have not posted in a week or so because there has not been much fun to report on. On Monday I took Zoey for her follow-up with the ENT. You see our little Zoey has had two sets of tubes in her ears and has tried every antibiotic under the sun to get rid of her ear infection in her left ear that she has had for a year now. The latest treatment has been Bactrim for 28 days straight. So we took her for a CAT scan of her temporal bone and come to find out I have to take her to another ear specialist that specializes in something called a cholesteatoma which is a cyst in the ear, and he does a surgery that removes it but causes her to go deaf in that ear. SO hopefully this doctor has another approach other than surgery!! UGH! Then that same day I took Zack to the doctor because he was so congested sounding, it was making me crazy at night and making nursing a nightmare. The doctor discovered he had an ear infection!! I kept thinking what the heck, can a 7 week old have an ear infection. Oh and also he had pink eye. Which I thought was strange because none of the other kids had it and it is so contagious. So more antibiotics and eye ointment. Well later that night my eye started burning and I had had a sore throat and my ears felt funny but you know how us moms kind of ignore because we have more important things to deal with. So I start the pink eye drops I had from a while back and my eye just kept getting worse and worse. Three days later (thursday) I decided I can not stand this anymore! My eye was swollen shut my ears were burning and I could not swallow. I call Corey and he says make an appointment with the doctor and I said what doctor? My "doctor" has been my OBGYN for the last 6 years because I have been pregnant basically the last six years! So I inform him that I need to go to urgent care and he takes the kids and goes to lunch with them. After 2.5 hours at urgent care they tell me I have sinus and ear infection and that my sinus infection spread to my eye!! It is so lovely let me tell you. So now I am on an antibiotic and two different eye drops, one a steroid and the other and antibiotic. But the good news is that I think we have caught mostly everything this winter and I am looking forward to a germ free summer.
Friday, April 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


11 comments:
Tha IS a lousy week! You poor thing! Call me if you need anything. I'd love to help.
Oh, Amber. I feel for you. Matthew had an ear infection at 7 weeks. He got it from me because I had strep. I hope everyone is doing better soon.
Oh girl... that sounds like my week LAST week. The kids had the same thing.. sinus infection that turned into pink eye. Yuck! I had strep as well. IT's just horrible. I agree with you on the sick-free summer. Would you like me to bring you dinner?! Anything?! Chocolate? haha. That always cheers me up. Get better.
They told me my strep culture was negative but I think I have it because every time I swallow it feels like my ears and throat are on fire!! Eeek!
Wish I lived closer so i could help you out you poor thing!
Yikes that is MISERABLE! I'm glad you went and got meddies at the Urgent care, even though waiting there is a pain!
I hope you feel better!
Ugh! Sounds like you and I should have been hanging out over the last month! Last week I started out with the flu and finished it off with strep! Three weeks ago, after enduring a week of goopey, sticky eyes, along with a throat and ears on fire I finally hauled myself off to urgent care (once I was certain that the kids were on the correct meds to get them through pink eye and strep) only to be told that just like you, I had a "raging sinus" infection that was just looking for any outlet possible...lovely!
What has it been about this winter? We too have caught anything imaginable! I'm so-o done with being sick!!! Bring on the heat I say, maybe it'll kill off all the sick bugs and illness causing germs.
Hope you're all on the mend soon. Good luck with Zoey!
Is Buckeye cursed or something? Is everyone sick? Oh, and I think you should change your blog title to Newbern Hospital, Newbern News of the Sick & Wretched, or something like that. J/K Honestly, I'm not surprised anymore when I visit your blog and there is a new disease, hospital visit, or injury being reported.
I hope all is truly well soon!!!
Is that your eye in the picture? I can't tell what it is.
Ugh. I am so sorry. I am going to offer some help, maybe . . .
PLEASE e-mail me so that I can talk to you about this new juice supplement that I have been taking and giving to my family! IT IS KEEPING PEOPLE HEALTHY! I swear it's amazing.
BONUS . . . with absolutely NO added stimulants, it truly curbs your appetite. My dad, mom, and sister have all lost weight on it!
honey... are you still sick?
Post a Comment