Friday, July 18, 2008

Dang Ear!

So Zoey got a tube in the left ear about 3 weeks ago for the third time. The doctor said it looked good after he put it in and he cleaned out all the green goop/pus. Plus no sign of the cholesteatoma that he thought might be there. So sounds wonderful, right? Well about a week ago guess what??? Oh yes, you guessed it more green pus! So I saw the doctor yesterday and he said to use half vinegar and half water and shoot it in her ear with a bulb syringe. We have done this before and it does help since vinegar is a natural antibiotic but it takes both Corey and I holding her down while she is screaming so loud the neighbors can hear, and we get the joy of doing this twice a day! Plus he tells me he thinks that it could possibly be her mastoid bone that is infected (which I thought all along) and it may be time for surgery since we have exhausted all out options. We have tried everything else because the surgery is very painful and they basically cut the ear from the back and peel it back to operate and most likely she will go deaf in that ear. And here is the kicker... it usually reoccurs!! GRRR! I get to go back in another two weeks so he can look in her ear for 30 seconds after driving an hour and waiting an hour! YEAH!
To make things more interesting Zoey woke up from her nap today and her hair was stuck to her face from the green goop and I happened to look in her ear to see how much was coming out and there it was.....her tube! It freakin fell out! So now what??? I am waiting for the good ole doctor to call me back. Of course he will take his sweet time as all doctors do!

7 comments:

Sariahfied said...

I am so sorry! She is in our prayers! I know what you mean about doctors! Emmy swallowed a penny 3 nights ago, and it took me calling twice and Brent once for them to tell us she should just poop it out!

Brenna said...

Ahhh Amber, that makes me so frustrated. Why can't they just get it right? Poor Zoey. Give her extra hugs for us!

Where it all began said...

WOW amber, let us know if there is anything we can do for you and your family!

zippy said...

Oh, I just ache for you, Corey, and most especially Zoe!!! I hope the doctor gets back to you soon and that things gets figured out ASAP! You're in my prayers.

Can I PLEASE watch the rest of your kids for you while you take Zoe in to the doctor? I want to help, so let me know.

Harmony said...

Oh Amber. I'm so sorry. I can't even imagine how frustrated you are. I hope you're holding up alright!!! Hugs and kisses to your whole family (especially Zoey)!!

Stephanie said...

Oh, I am SO sorry! That is awful! Poor Zoey! And poor you! I hate it when I have to do something to one of my kids that they hate and I have to hold them down while they kick and scream so I can do it. That is terrible! Let me know if I can do anything for you.

Kary Ann Hoopes Photography said...

I am so sorry for all of you. That is just no fun! let me know if I can help out with your kiddos during appts and such!