Friday, July 25, 2008

Garden Update

A little update on the garden..

These are morning glory flowers.


And my corn... Its about 18 inches tall.


These are 8 ball squash.



And the giant pumpkins. I got these hybrid seeds and they are supposed to be 400 pounds! So hopefully they will at least be normal size or maybe more!



More pumpkins..



And my beans came up today and I planted lettuce tonite. I also have carrots and watermelon! YUMMY!



10 comments:

Brenna said...

Way to go Am! You have quite the green thumb. I can't wait to see those pumpkins!

Sariahfied said...

You must have gotten the Meme planting/gardening gene! Where is mine? It all looks so wonderful! Maybe next year I can attempt a garden! I am very impressed!

Naughty Newbee's said...

I wish I would of started mine. Maybe next year you can come over one week and help me do mine, :).. Also, I am really excited to see those pumkins, I am with brenna! They will be ready just in time for Halloween uh?

Kary Ann Hoopes Photography said...

Yeah. Thanks for the updates, it is always so fun to see the fruits of other labors coming up in the garden, with all that hard work.

Amber said...

Kara-
We can start yours in December. All you need is some special kinds of dirt and a tiller to mix it all together. I will totally come over and help you!! Then we can start talking year supply too! ;)

zippy said...

When we're ready to put our garden in, will you come help me and give me some pointers? Everything looks so-o good! You're kids are gonna LOVE those pumpkins come Halloween.

P.S. Tag, you're it! Come check out my blog for details. : )

Amber said...

Zippy-
I will totally help you with your garden when you want to do it! And I am in the process of finshing the 24 questions post so don't give up on me!!

Harmony said...

Great job Amber. I wish I was a gardener! We ended up setting our turtle free...I' pretty sure he's living in our neighbors garden though. You need to post new pics of Zack! How's Zoeys ear doing??

Anonymous said...

Amber I'm glad you convinced Cory to get things ready. It looks great. I can't wait to see the harvest. We are planning on starting another garden for the fall. Enjoy!

jenkins said...

What a fun family! Sari is attempting to help me start a blog!
Love you Vicki