Thursday, September 4, 2008

This is SCARY!

Corey was leaving for work the other day and found this.... A rattlesnake in our driveway! EEEK! He came in and got me and I told him to wake up the kids. We showed them the snake because I am always telling them if they go out back and play to not reach under their toys and to watch for snakes. I guess I should take my own advice and stop reaching into my garden when I cannot see what is under the plants. :) Well now I am completely grossed out and paranoid so I am checking everywhere now for snakes because our house is right next to a desert area and then a big field of corn. And to make matters even more interesting my Meme told me "where there is one snake there are others!" SO I am considering moving now! LOL!

Sorry to any snake lover out there but this is the snakes last breath or slither or whatever it is they do.



Oh and here is my snake rangling husband!

7 comments:

Andrea said...

Okay, that is totally freaky! I am so glad Corey saw it in time before it got closer to the house! Don't worry, I am so freaked out about snakes too.

Kim and Nathan said...

ewwww! scary. That is one of the things that scares me about living where we do. Thats a big one too. Corey is so brave:)

Sariahfied said...

I would have totally freaked out! I am so glad Corey found it and not one of your kiddos! I hate snakes!!!!!!

Britt said...

EEEEEk is right! I don't think I would have let Brad go grab it.. my goodness!

Anonymous said...

Shane told me that you found a rattlesnake. Just looking at it makes me shiver. I'm glad no one got hurt.

Anonymous said...

Corey the snake killing stud! And I was starting to think I missed AZ. That picture (YIKES!!!) cured me of my woes but I don't know about all of the creepy crawlys in CO yet either.

The Riggs said...

That is so cool!! were your kids so excited to see a real snake? They are more scared of you then you are of them.